Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Kendra (PMJK): CoronaWarriors delivering affordable quality medicines
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Governance
- Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Kendra (PMJK) people are working as CoronaWarriors to serve the nation in order to contain the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Pharmacists at Kendras are delivering quality generic medicines at affordable prices to the common citizens of the country amidst the crisis.
Important value additions:
Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP)
- It is being run by the Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India
- PMBJP is also generating awareness through informational posts on their social media platforms.
- Vision: To bring down the healthcare budget of every citizen of India through providing “Quality generic Medicines at Affordable Prices”.
- Pradhan Mantri Janaushadhi Kendra is a medical outlet opened under the scheme which makes quality medicines available at affordable prices for all.
- “Jan Aushadhi Sugam” mobile app helps in locating nearest Janaushadhi Kendra and availability of medicines with its price.