Testing, treatment made available for free under Ayushman Bharat scheme
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Health; Welfare schemes
- The Central government has decided to provide free testing and treatment of COVID-19 under the Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
- The empaneled hospitals can use their own authorised testing facilities or tie up with an authorised testing facility for the scheme.
- These tests would be carried out as per the protocol set by Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR).
- Private labs approved by the ICMR can carry out the tests.
- Private hospitals shall also be covered under Ayushman Bharat Scheme to increase the rate of testing.
Important value additions:
Ayushman Bharat Scheme.
- It is a flagship scheme of the Indian government’s National Health Policy.
- It aims to provide free health coverage at the secondary and tertiary level to its bottom 40% poor and vulnerable population.
- It is the world’s largest and fully state sponsored health assurance scheme.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :