TIFAC explores best methods to revive Indian economy post COVID-19
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Science and Technology
- The Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) is preparing a white paper to strategize revival of post-COVID 19 Indian economy.
- This document would mainly focus on:
- strengthening Make in India initiatives,
- commercialization of Indigenous technology,
- developing a technology-driven transparent Public Distribution System (PDS),
- efficient rural health care delivery,
- adoption of emerging technology domains like AI, Machine Learning and many more.
Important value additions:
- It is an autonomous technology think tank under the Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India.
- Thinking for the future in important socio-economic sectors is one of its mandates.
- It was established in 1986, as per the recommendation of Technology Policy Implementation Committee (TPIC) in 1985.
- TIFAC activities comprise of wide array of technology areas and fill a critical gap in the overall S&T system of India.