J&K Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) Bench to deal with service matters
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Polity
- The Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) Bench of J&K will deal with all service matters of the employees of the Central government and the Union Territories of J&K and Ladakh
- Earlier, Chandigarh Bench of CAT used to deal with these matters..
Important value additions:
Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT)
- It was established under Article 323 – A of the Constitution.
- Mandate: To adjudicate (formal judgement) disputes and complaints related to recruitment and conditions of service of persons who are appointed to public services and posts.
- The Tribunal exercises the same jurisdiction and authority in case of contempt of itself as that of a High Court under Section 17 of the Administrative Tribunal Act, 1985.
- The Tribunal is guided by the principles of natural justice in deciding cases.
- It is not bound by the procedure prescribed by the Civil Procedure Code.
- Salaries, allowances and conditions of service: As specified by the Central Government.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :