J&K Grant of Domicile Certificate Procedure Rules, 2020 notified
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Polity
- The J&K administration has recently notified the J&K Grant of Domicile Certificate Procedure Rules, 2020.
- It also set a fast-track process in motion to issue the certificates within a stipulated time of 15 days.
- Eligible non-locals can also apply for the certificate.
- Domicile certificates were also made a basic eligibility condition for appointment to any post under the Union Territory of J&K.
- Any officer not able to issue the certificate would be penalised ₹50,000. The amount would be recovered from his salary.
- Kashmiri migrants living in or outside J&K can get domicile certificates by producing their Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC), ration card copy, voter card or any other valid document.
- Bonafide migrants can apply with the Relief and Rehabilitation department by providing documents like electoral rolls of 1988, proof of registration as a migrant in any State in the country or any other valid document.