Multiple entry life-long visa facility for OCI holders suspended
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Citizenship
- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has suspended the right of multiple entry life-long visa facility of Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) cardholders for visiting India .
- The order will be valid till the prohibition on international air travel of passengers from/to India is lifted by the Government of India.
Important value additions:
Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)
- It is an immigration status permitting a foreign citizen of Indian origin to live and work in the Republic of India indefinitely.
- It was introduced by The Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2005.
- It was launched during the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas convention held in Hyderabad in 2005.