National Migrant Information System (NMIS) developed
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Disaster Management
- National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) has developed ‘National Migrant Information System (NMIS)’.
- It is a central online repository on Migrant Workers to facilitate their seamless movement across States.
Important value additions:
National Disaster Management Authority
- It is an apex Body of Government of India, with a mandate to lay down policies for disaster management.
- It was established through the Disaster Management Act in 2005.
- It comes under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
- The Prime Minister is the ex-officio chairperson of the NDMA, who chairs a 9-member board.
- It is responsible for:
- framing policies,
- laying down guidelines and best-practices
- coordinating with the State Disaster Management Authorities (SDMAs).