Non-Aligned Movement (NAM): Indian PM to attend the Virtual Summit
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Groupings
- Indian Prime Minister will participate in the Virtual Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) Summit through Video Conferencing on May 4, 2020.
- The summit will discuss the enhanced coordination of the member states in their fight against the coronavirus pandemic.
Important value additions:
The Non-Aligned Movement (NAM)
- It is a forum of 120 developing nations of the world that are not formally aligned with or against any power bloc.
- NAM represents the biggest grouping of countries outside the United Nations comprising countries from Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- Drawing on the principles agreed at the Bandung Conference in 1955, the NAM was established in 1961 in Belgrade, SR Serbia, through an initiative of the Indian Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, Egyptian President Gamal Abdel Nasser and the Yugoslav President Josip Broz Tito.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :