ReStart Programme by Andhra Pradesh government for MSMEs
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II – Welfare Schemes
- Recently, the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh launched a new programme ‘ReStart’ to support the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) sector in the State.
- The government will spend ₹1,100 crore on revival of the sector.
- It is expected to benefit 98,000 units that can provide employment to more than 10 lakh people.
- A special fund of ₹200 crore to provide input capital loan to the firms at low interest rates.
- The minimum power demand charges for the months of April, May and June, shall be waived off.
- The government will purchase around 360 products from the MSMEs.
- Payments would be cleared in 45 days.
- Skills required by the industries (MSMEs) will be imparted through Skill Development Colleges.