States with most Swine Flu cases now victims of majority of COVID-19 cases as well
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Health
- Data from the Health Ministry’s National Centre for Disease Control (NCDC), show that the five States/UTs – Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Delhi and Tamil Nadu accounted for the highest number of swine flu cases (H1N1) since 2015.
- These states are hotspots for people infected with COVID-19 as well.
Important value additions:
- H1N1 Flu Virus (Swine Flu) is an infection caused by type A influenza viruses.
- It is usually found amongst pigs.
- Human infections may take place as well.
- It is contagious and spreads from human to human.
- Symptoms: Fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue.
- Both H1N1 and COVID-19 belong to different virus families.
- Both infiltrate the lungs and cause respiratory infections with varying fatality.
- Swine flu has a higher fatality rate (deaths per confirmed cases).
- It also causes significant deaths in children as well as those less than 60.
- COVID-19 is relatively more dangerous to those above 60 and almost harmless in children.
IASbaba imparts 360-degree IAS preparation solutions with their exhaustive Prelims and Mains preparation courses, supported by the latest UPSC preparation material. Avail our expert help by enrolling with us to keep your knowledge updated and stay ahead of your competition.
Most Trending and Trusted Programmes by UPSC Toppers :