CAPTAIN ARJUN launched to intensify the screening and surveillance at railway stations
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-III – Artificial Intelligence; Indigenisation; Science and Technology
- Railway Protection Force, Pune, under the Central Railways, has launched a Robotic ‘CAPTAIN ARJUN’ (Always be Responsible and Just Use to be Nice) to intensify the screening and surveillance.
- This Robot is launched to screen passengers while they board trains and keep a watch on anti-social elements.
- It can be deployed for multiple uses and it is an effective element in station access control and will augment the station security plan.
- It is equipped with a motion sensor, one PTZ camera and one Dome Camera.
- The Cameras use Artificial Intelligence algorithms to track suspicious and antisocial activity.
- It does thermal screening and records the temperature in a digital display panel.