India joins Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI)
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-III – Artificial Intelligence
- India joined the Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI or Gee-Pay) as a founding member to support the responsible and human-centric development and use of Artificial intelligence (AI).
Important value additions
Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence
- It is an international and multi-stakeholder initiative to guide the responsible development and use of AI taking into account human rights, inclusion, diversity, innovation, and economic growth.
- This is also a first initiative of its type which involves better understanding of the challenges and opportunities around AI using the experience and diversity of participating countries.
- It will be supported by a Secretariat.
- It will be hosted by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) in Paris, as well as by two Centers of Expertise- one each in Montreal and Paris.
- Other countries who are part of this initiative other than India are:
- New Zealand
- Republic of Korea