Integrated Flood Warning System (IFLOWS-Mumbai) inaugurated
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-I – Geography; GS-III – Science and technology
- Integrated Flood Warning System – IFLOWS was inaugurated in Mumbai by Union Minister for Earth Sciences and Maharashtra Chief Minister.
- It is developed by the Union Ministry for Earth Sciences on the request of Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai (MCGM).
- It is a state-of-art system for Mumbai and is expected to enhance Mumbai’s resilience by providing early warning for flooding specially during high rainfall events and cyclones.
- It comprises seven modules:
- Data Assimilation
- Dissemination Module
- Decision Support System.
- The system has provisions to capture the urban drainage within the city and predict the areas of flooding, which will be incorporated in the final system.