Joint Science Communication Forum constituted
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-III – Science and technology
- The Department of Science & Technology (DST) has constituted a joint Science Communication Forum to facilitate interaction and coordination amongst various public sector science communication institutions and agencies.
- It is represented by senior officials from various central ministries and departments which include:
- Atomic Energy
- Information & Broadcasting
- Science & Technology
- The Forum would be served by a Secretariat at the National Council for Science & Technology Communication (NCSTC), Department of Science & Technology.
- It brings together science communication efforts spread across various institutions and can help adoption of a common policy and best practices at a wider scale.