15th India- European Union (virtual) summit
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains II – India and EU ties; International Relations
- India- European Union (EU) to hold virtual summit
- India and EU to restart free trade agreement (FTA) negotiations – Bilateral Trade and Investment Agreement (BTIA)
- To conclude several agreements including – a roadmap for cooperation, an agreement on research sharing for civil nuclear cooperation and launch a maritime security dialogue as well as negotiations between Europol and the CBI.
- Medical developments on vaccines and treatment.
Do you know?
- EU is India’s largest trading partner and investor, and accounts for 11% of India’s global trade.
- EU had welcomed India’s election to the UN Security Council next year.
- EU has reservations about the model “Bilateral Investment Treaty” (BIT) that India has proposed, especially on dispute mechanisms in Indian courts.
- Bilateral Trade and Investment Agreement is a Free Trade Agreement between India and EU, which was initiated in 2007.
- Significance of EU to India