Google to invest $10 billion in India
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains III – Economy; Investment; Digital Infrastructure
- Technology giant Google to invest $10 billion (Rs. 75,000 crore) in India over the next five to seven years.
- The investment focuses on digitising the economy and building India-first products and services.
Investments will focus on four areas key to digitisation —
- enabling affordable access and information for every Indian in their own language,
- building products and services that are deeply relevant to India’s unique needs,
- empowering businesses on their digital transformation journey, and
- leveraging technology and AI for social good in areas such as health, education and agriculture.