India-Israel to strengthen ties
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains II and III – India-Israel ties; International relations or bilateral relations; Defence
- India invited greater participation from Israeli defence companies under the new liberalised foreign direct investment (FDI) regime in defence manufacturing.
- Indian Armed Forces are undertaking a series of emergency defence purchases, including from Israel, amid ongoing tensions with China on the border.
Do you know?
- In May, the government increased the limit for FDI in defence through the automatic route from 49% to 74%.
- India and Israel are also collaborating in research to fight the COVID19 pandemic.
- India’s defence deal with Israel – India to order more Spike Anti-Tank Guided Missiles (ATGM) and additional Heron Undermanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) from Israel.