Strategic Darbuk-Shyok-Daulat Beg Oldi (DSDBO) road
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains I and III – Geography; Defence and Security issues
- Border Roads Organisation (BRO) to fast-track the work on the strategic Darbuk-Shyok-Daulat Beg Oldi (DSDBO) road.
- DSDBO road runs almost parallel to the Line of Actual Control (LAC) at Aksai Chin.
- China has been objecting to Indian road and infrastructure development at several points along the Line of Actual Control (LAC).
- DSDBO road is also objected by the Chinese.
Image source: Click Here
Indo-China Border Roads
- BRO is also building the 61 strategic Indo-China Border Roads (ICBRs), measuring 3,323.57 km, under the direction of the China Study Group (CSG).
- 75% of the construction work on the 61 Indo-China Border Roads (ICBRs) is completed.
Important value additions
The Border Roads Organisation (BRO)
- It was formed in 1960 by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
- It was established for coordinating the speedy development of a network of roads in the North and the North Eastern border regions of the country.
- It works under the Ministry of Defence.
- It undertakes variety of construction and development works such as airfields, building projects, defence works, etc.