Atal Innovation Mission’s APP Development Module
Search12th June, 2020 Spotlight here: http://www.newsonair.com/Main_Audio_Bulletins_Search.aspx
Topic: General Studies 2:
- Governance; Welfare schemes
- Skill Development
By: NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) has launched the ‘ATL App Development Module’ for school children all across the country.
- To encourage children in making India a technology superpower, in line with the ambitious Atmanirbhar Bharat campaign – enable them to become the next generation of technology leaders
- This will also encourage the mobile app ecosystem in the country
Aim: The ATL App Development modules have been launched in collaboration with Indian homegrown startup Plezmo with an aim to hone the skills of school students and transforming them from App users to App makers in the times to come under AIM’s flagship Atal Tinkering Labs initiative.
- Through 6 project-based learning modules and online mentoring sessions, young innovators can learn to build mobile Apps in various Indian languages and showcase their talent.
- Additionally, to build capacities and acumen for App Development within school teachers, periodic Teacher Training sessions will be conducted on the AIM App Development course.
- These ATLs are dedicated to the innovation workspaces where DIY kits on the latest technologies like 3D Printers, Robotics, Internet of Things, Miniaturized Electronics are installed using the grant received from the government for the students from Class 6 to 12.
- The #TinkerfromHome campaign: NITI Aayog has created a growing state of the art platform for the students and teachers across the country to learn and apply the latest of technologies including Artificial Intelligence, Game Design and Development, 3D Design, Astronomy, Digital Creativity Skills, etc. from the comfort and safety of their homes
- Enhance and bolster creativity of young children to develop app on their own
- This will help in building analytical and creative skills at a young age
- This will also contribute towards an entrepreneurial mindset among children
Till date, more than 5100 ATLs are established in more than 660 districts across the country by Atal Innovation Mission with more than 2 million students having access to the Tinkering Labs. The vision is to foster creativity and innovation nationwide through its various integrated initiatives including incubators, Startups, community innovation Centers and Atal New India challenges for product and service innovations enabling socio economic growth of the country .
Atal Innovation Mission
- It is Government of India’s flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
- AIM’s objectives are:
- To develop new programmes and policies for fostering innovation in different sectors of the economy.
- To provide platform and collaboration opportunities for different stakeholders.
- To create awareness.
- To create an umbrella structure to oversee innovation ecosystem of the country.
- Five major initiatives:
- Atal Tinkering Labs-Creating problem solving mindset across schools in India.
- Atal Incubation Centers-Fostering world class startups and adding a new dimension to the incubator model.
- Atal New India Challenges-Fostering product innovations and aligning them to the needs of various sectors/ministeries.
- Mentor India Campaign– A national Mentor network in collaboration with public sector, corporates and institutions, to support all the intiatives of the mission.
- Atal Community Innovation Center– To stimulate community centric innovation and ideas in the unserved /underserved regions of the country including Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
- ARISE-To stimulate innovation and research in the MSME industry.
- Atal Innovation Mission launched ‘AIM-iCREST’, in partnership with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Wadhwani Foundation.
- AIM iCREST – an Incubator Capabilities enhancement program for a Robust Ecosystem focuses on creating high performing Startups
- AIM iCREST has been designed to enable the incubation ecosystem and act as a growth hack for AIM’s Atal and Established incubators across the country.
- Under the initiative, the AIM’s incubators are set to be upscaled and provided requisite support to foster the incubation enterprise economy, that will help them to significantly enhance their performance.
- This will be complemented by providing training to entrepreneurs, through technology driven processes and platforms.
Connecting the Dots:
- Essay: Ease of Doing Science is as vital as Ease of Doing Business.
- Do you think the vision, strategy and actions of NITI Ayog are in sync with the aspirations of young India? Examine.