Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA-2020)
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II – Education
- The Atal Rankings of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA) 2020 was released recently.
- Results were based on following parameters:
- Budget and funding support
- Infrastructure and facilities
- Support for idea generation and innovation.
|IIT Madras||Institutes of National Importance, Central Universities, and Centrally Funded Technical Institutes|
|Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai||Government and Government Aided Universities|
|College of Engineering, Pune||Government and Government Aided Colleges|
|Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar||Private or Self-Financed Universities|
|S R Engineering College, Warangal||Private or Self-Financed Colleges|
|Avinashilingam Institute for Home Science and Higher Education for Women||special category for higher educational institutions for women|
Important value additions
Atal Rankings of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA)
- Initiative by: Ministry of HRD/Education
- Implemented by: AICTE and Ministry’s Innovation Cell,
- Aim: To systematically rank higher education institutions and universities in India on indicators related to Innovation, Start-up and Entrepreneurship Development amongst students and faculty.