Bharat Air Fibre Services: BSNL Launches service in Maharashtra
Part of: GS Prelims and Mains III – Economy
- The Bharat Air Fibre services are introduced by BSNL as part of Digital India initiates by the GoI.
- The aim of these services is to provide wireless connectivity in the range of 20 km from the BSNL locations, which will benefit citizens residing in remote areas.
- It provides high-speed broadband to subscribers of remote areas by bridging the gap of last-mile connectivity through radio waves.
- The state-run telco will also offer free voice calling along with Bharat Air Fibre connectivity with data speeds of upto 100 Mbps.
- BSNL will provide the Bharat Air Fibre Services through local business partners.
- The service thus aims at giving a push to ‘Atma Nirbhar Bharat’ Abhiyan as BSNL will provide monthly income of Rs 1 lakh to the local residents who enroll as Telecom Infrastructure Partners.