Dhanwantri Rath: Ayurveda Health Services
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-II – Health
- A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between the All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) and Delhi Police.
- Ayurveda Preventive and Promotive health services in the residential colonies of Delhi Police shall be extended under the MOU.
- Catered by: All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA)
- Supported by: Ministry of AYUSH
- A mobile unit named ‘Dhanwantari Rath’ and Police Wellness Centres shall be used for the services.
- Dhanwantari Rath would consist of a team of Doctors who would be visiting Delhi Police colonies regularly.
- To reduce the incidence/prevalence of various diseases.
- To reduce the number of referrals to hospitals.
- To reduce cost to the healthcare system as well as patients.
- Earlier, AYURAKSHA, a joint venture of AIIA and Delhi Police aimed for maintaining the health of frontline Covid warriors like Delhi police personnel through Ayurveda immunity boosting measures was launched.
Important value additions
- ‘Ayurveda’ in totality means ‘Science of life’.
- It is considered as one of the ancient health care systems.
- Ayurveda is said to be the offshoot of Atharva-Veda.
- The Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) was formed in 2014 to ensure the optimal development and propagation of AYUSH systems of health care.
All India Institute of Ayurveda
- It is an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of AYUSH.
- It has been conceived as an apex institute for Ayurveda.
- Aim: To bring a synergy between traditional wisdom of Ayurveda and modern tools and technology.
- The institute offers postgraduate and doctoral courses in various disciplines of Ayurveda also.
- It is located in New Delhi.