Education during pandemic
Part of: GS Mains II – Social/Welfare issue; Education; Vulnerable section
According to the United Nation’s policy brief –
- Almost 24 million children are at risk of not returning to school next year due to the economic fallout of COVID19.
- The educational financing gap is also likely to increase by one third.
- More than 1.6 billion learners across the world have been affected by the disruption of the education system.
- Vulnerable populations in low-income countries to be hit harder and longer.
- UNESCO estimates that 23.8 million additional children and youth may drop out or not have access to school next year due to the pandemic’s economic impact alone.