Part of: GS Prelims and Mains III – Farmers/Agriculture; Infrastructure
- Indian Railways said it will begin running Kisan Rail.
- The first such train will run weekly between Devlali (Maharashtra) to Danapur (Bihar).
About Kisan Rail
- It was announced in the Union Budget 202021
- This train will help in bringing perishable agricultural produce like vegetables and fruits to the market in a short period of time
- The train with frozen containers is expected to build a seamless national cold supply chain for perishables
- This train is a step towards realising the goal of doubling farmers’ incomes by 2022 (Ashok Dalwai committee on Doubling of Farmers’ Income.)