Licencing system for tobacco sellers
Part of: GS Mains II – Social/Health issue; Role of NGOs/Voluntary Groups
- Voluntary groups working for tobacco control demanded a licencing mechanism for retail tobacco sellers which would restrict the sale of tobacco products and curb their consumption by the youths.
Do you know?
- Cigarette and Other Tobacco Products Act, 2003 regulates the sale of tobacco products.
- World No Tobacco Day is observed around the world every year on 31 May.
- Young tobacco users are vulnerable to catching influenza-like infections and they could expose non-users to the tobacco products.
- Youths are getting addicted to tobacco “faster than ever before” and the projected number of deaths from tobacco far exceeded than those of COVID19.