Mobile App called HARIT PATH developed
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure:Roadways; Environment; Sustainable Development
- A mobile App called ‘Harit Path’ is recently developed.
- Developed by: The National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
- Objective: To monitor:
- species details,
- maintenance activities,
- targets and achievements
- It shall include each field units for each and every plant under all plantation projects.
- The launch will further facilitate creation of Green Highways across India.
- NHAI has also recently undertaken ‘Harit Bharat Sankalp.
- It is a nation-wide plantation drive to promote environment protection and sustainability.
- Under this initiative, NHAI planted over 25 lakh plants in 25 days along the stretches of the National Highways between 21st July to 15th August 2020.