Railways deploys ‘Ninjas’ for surveillance
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure – Railways
- Recently, drone-based surveillance system has been installed to enhance security at railway stations, tracks and workshops.
- Indian Railways recently procured Ninja Unmanned Aerial Vehicles [UAV].
- Real-time tracking
- Video streaming
- Automatic fail safe mode,
- Enhanced monitoring of the railway assets
- Additional safety for passengers.
- To launch surveillance on criminal and anti-social activities like gambling, throwing of garbage, hawking etc in Railway premises.
- Analysis of data collected which will be useful in vulnerable sections
- Rescue, recovery, restoration and coordinating efforts of various agencies and mapping of railway assets to assess encroachments at disaster sites.
- A drone camera can cover a large area which requires 8-10 RPF personnel