Swachh Survekshan 2020 announced
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-I – Social Issues
- Awards for Swachh Survekshan 2020 was recently announced.
- It is the fifth edition of the annual cleanliness urban survey.
- Conducted by: the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- Cleanest City of India (> 1 lakh population category):
- Indore (1st)
- Surat (2nd)
- Navi Mumbai (3rd)
- Indore has created record by winning title of cleanest city fourth time in a row.
- Cleanest State of India (> 100 Urban Local Bodies category) : Chhattisgarh.
- Cleanest State of India (<100 ULB category) : Jharkhand
- Cleanest town along the banks of river Ganga: Varanasi
- Cleanest capital city: New Delhi
- Cleanest city with over 40 lakh population: Ahmedabad