Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge launched
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-III – Innovation
- Recently, “Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge- Innovate Solutions for #Aatmanirbhar Bharat” was launched
- Launched by: Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY)
- To provide further impetus to the strong ecosystem of Start-up, innovation and research in the country.
- To realize the ambition of self-reliance.
- Indigenously developed microprocessors SHAKTI and VEGA have also been rolled out under the Microprocessor Development Programme.
Important value additions
Microprocessor Development Programme
- Meeting India’s future requirements of strategic and industrial sectors.
- To mitigate the issues of security, licensing, technology obsolescence and cutting dependency on imports.
- It is a successful step to achieve the goal of vibrant ecosystem of Electronic System Design & Manufacturing in India.