Delhi Master Plan 2041
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and Interventions & GS-III – Pollution; Climate Change
- Recently, the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) has decided to hold public consultations for the preparation of the Master Plan for Delhi 2041.
- It is a vision document for Delhi’s development.
Key takeaways of 2041 Master Plan:
- Focus: Sustainability, inclusivity and equity, blue-green infrastructure, cycling infrastructure, walking circuits for pedestrians, removal of all sources of pollution and unauthorised colonies
- Objective: To be proactive and forward-looking
- Features: Spaces for yoga, active sports, open air exhibitions, museums and information centres, and other low impact public uses.
- It will fulfil various provisions of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) like: (1) SDG 6 – Clean water and sanitation; (2) SDG 11 – Sustainable cities and communities; (3) SDG 14 – Life below water; (4) SDG 15 – Life on land.