Ease Banking Reforms Index
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Banking; Economy
- Union Minister of Finance recently inaugurated Doorstep Banking Services by Public Sector Banks (PSBs).
- Best performing banks on EASE Banking Reforms Index were also facilitated.
- Doorstep Banking Services are part of EASE Reforms.
- It is envisaged to provide convenience of banking services to the customers at their doorstep through the universal touch points of Call Centre, Web Portal or Mobile App.
- Customers can also track their service request through these channels.
- The services shall be rendered by the Doorstep Banking Agents deployed by the selected Service Providers at 100 centres across the country.
- The services can be availed by customers of Public Sector Banks at nominal charges.
Important value additions
EASE 2.0 Banking Reforms Index
- It is a common reform agenda for PSBs.
- Aim: Institutionalizing clean and smart banking.
- Launched in: January 2018.
- PSBs have shown a healthy trajectory in their performance over four quarters since the launch of EASE 2.0 Reforms Agenda.
- Top Performing Banks: (1) Bank of Baroda, (2) State Bank of India, (3) Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Top Improvers: (1) Bank of Maharashtra, (2) Central Bank of India, (3) Corporation Bank.