Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2020 passed
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Medicine
- The Lok Sabha passed the Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Bill, 2020 recently.
- Rajya Sabha has already passed it.
- The Bill amends the Homoeopathy Central Council Act, 1973.
- It replaces the Homoeopathy Central Council (Amendment) Ordinance, 2020 which was promulgated in April 2020.
- The Act sets up the Central Council of Homoeopathy which regulates homoeopathic education and practice.
- The period for the supersession of the Central Council has been increased from two years to three years.