NIDHI-EIR program launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III- Entrepreneurship; Innovation
- A brochure featuring Entrepreneurs in Residence (EIR) was recently launched.
- Launched under: National Initiative for Developing and Harnessing Innovations (NIDHI) programme.
- Concerned department: Department of Science & Technology (DST) Secretary.
- The brochure details what the EIRs are working on and some highlights about them.
- It is also meant to be a directory of all EIRs.
Important value additions
- NIDHI supports aspiring entrepreneurs for pursuing a promising technology business idea over a period up to 18 months with a subsistence grant up to Rs 30000 per month with a maximum cap for total support of Rs 3.6 lakh to each EIR over a maximum of 18 months.
- The NIDHI-EIR programme provides tremendous opportunities for innovative entrepreneurs to expand their networks and get critical feedback on their ventures in order to promote their entrepreneurial career goals and aspirations.