Nod to 27 projects under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana (PMKSY)
Part of: GS-Prelims and GS-III – Cold chain Industries; Supply chain management
- Recently, 27 projects under the PMKSY were approved.
- Objective: For development of integrated cold chains and value addition infrastructure in India.
- Ministry: Ministry of Food Processing Industries
- The new integrated cold chain projects will generate direct and indirect employment and benefit nearly lakhs of farmers.
- Cold chain facilities shall be created for the food processing sector across various states.
- States included: Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Uttar Pradesh.
Important value additions
Central Sector Scheme of Integrated Cold Chain and Value Addition Infrastructure
- It is a component scheme under PMKSY.
- The government provides financial assistance in the form of grant-in-aid at the rate of 35% for general areas and the rate of 50% for North-Eastern States, Himalayan States, ITDP Areas, and Islands for storage and transport infrastructure.
- The assistance at 50% and 75% respectively are also given for value addition and processing infrastructure subject to a maximum grant-in-aid of Rs 10 crores per project.