Petroleum projects in Bihar inaugurated
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure – Energy
- The Indian Prime Minister recently inaugurated three key projects related to the Petroleum sector in Bihar.
- Ministry: Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
- Commissioned by: IndianOil and HPCL
- The projects include the Durgapur-Banka section (about 200 km) of the Paradip-Haldia-Durgapur Pipeline Augmentation Project and two LPG Bottling Plants in Banka and Champaran.
- The line from Paradip – Haldia will now be further extended to Patna, Muzaffarpur and the pipeline coming from Kandla which has reached Gorakhpur will also be connected to it.
- These LPG plants will meet the LPG requirements of Godda, Deoghar, Dumka, Sahibganj, Pakur districts and some areas of Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand.