Guidelines to Support Artisans in Beekeeping & Pottery Activities released
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Industries
- The Ministry of Micro Small and Medium Enterprises, MSME, has announced new guidelines to support artisans in Beekeeping and Pottery activity.
- Government will provide assistance with Bee boxes and Tool kits.
- Under this scheme, Bee boxes will also be distributed to Migrant workers in Prime Minister Gareeb Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyaan districts.
- A five-day beekeeping training will also be provided.
- Objective: (1) To create sustainable employment; (2) To create awareness about Honey and other Hive Products etc.
- During 2020-21, the scheme proposes to cover a total of 2,050 Beekeepers, Entrepreneurs, Farmers, Unemployed Youth, Adivasis.
- Additional amount of 50 crore rupees has also been kept for developing Beekeeping honey clusters under the ‘SFURTI‘ scheme of the Ministry.
- Government will provide assistance with pottery wheel, Clay Blunger, Granulator etc.
- It will also provide Wheel Pottery Training for traditional pottery artisans and Press Pottery training for pottery as well as non-pottery artisans in Self- Help Groups.
- Jigger-Jolly training programme shall also be provided.
- A total of 6,075 Traditional and others non-traditional pottery artisans, Rural Unemployed youth, Migrant Labourers will get benefited.