India participates in PMNCH Accountability Breakfast
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and interventions; Health
- The Union Ministry for Health and Family Welfare participated in the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (PMNCH) ‘Accountability Breakfast’ to discuss the issues of maternal and child health.
- The event was co-hosted by the White Ribbon Alliance (WRA) and Every Woman Every Child (EWEC).
- Theme of the Event: Protecting gains in Reproductive, Maternal and Child Health from the Covid pandemic.
Important value additions
- It is a global health partnership founded in 2005.
- It is hosted at the WHO in Geneva, Switzerland.
- The Accountability Breakfast aims to convert talk into action for the health and rights of women, children and adolescents.
Every Woman Every Child (EWEC) Movement
- Launched by: United Nations during the United Nations Millennium Development Goals Summit in September 2010.
- It is a global movement that mobilizes and intensifies international and national action by governments, the private sector, and civil society to address the major health challenges facing women, children, and adolescents around the world.