Draft Rules notified Under the Code on Social Security, 2020
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and Interventions
- Union Ministry of Labour and Employment has notified the draft rules under the Code on Social Security, 2020.
- The draft rules provide for Aadhaar based registration including self-registration by unorganised workers, gig workers and platform workers, Building and Other Construction Workers on the portal of the Central Government.
- Provision has also been made in the rules regarding gratuity to an employee who is on fixed term employment.
- The rules also provide for single electronic registration of an establishment including cancellation of the registration in case of closure of business activities.
- Provision has also been made regarding manners and conditions for exiting an establishment from EPFO and ESIC coverage.
- The procedure for self-assessment and payment of Cess in respect of building and other construction workers has been elaborated in the rules.
- The rate of Interest for delayed payment of such cess has been reduced from 2% every month or part of a month to 1%.