ENHANCED PINAKA Rocket successfully flight tested
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Defence and Security
- Enhanced PINAKA rocket has been successfully flight tested from Integrated Test Range, Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
- Developed by: Defence Research and Development Organisation, DRDO
- The enhanced Pinaka along with guidance Pinaka will cover the range between 60 and 90 km.
- It will be deployed by the Indian Army.
- Enhanced version of the Pinaka rocket would replace the existing Pinaka Mk-I rockets which are currently under production.