India announces 150 projects for Afghanistan
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Relations
- Recently, at the Afghanistan 2020 Conference, India has announced about 150 projects worth USD 80 million.
- The conference was attended by Afghanistan’s President, United Nations (UN) and the European Union (EU) officials and representatives of other countries.
- Also, the USA has decided to reduce its troop presence in Afghanistan to about 2,500 by January 2021.
- India will launch phase-IV of high-impact community development projects, which include around 150 projects worth USD 80 million.
- It has signed an agreement for building the Shahtoot dam, which would provide safe drinking water to 2 million residents of Kabul city.
- It builds on the 202 km Pul-e-Khumri transmission line of 2009, through which India provides power to the city.