India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020 to be held virtually
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Science and technology
- The fourth edition of the India Mobile Congress (IMC) 2020 is scheduled to be held in December.
- It will be held virtually this year given the ongoing pandemic.
- Ministry: Minister of Information Technology
- Jointly organized by: The Department of Telecommunications (DoT) and Cellular Operators Association of India (COAT).
- The event will see 50+ participating countries, 110 + Global Speakers, Start-ups over the three day programme.
- Theme: “Inclusive Innovation – Smart, Secure, Sustainable”
- IMC is considered the largest Digital Technology Forum in Asia for bringing together the industry, Government, academia, and other ecosystem players to discuss the latest industry technology trends around major themes such as SG, Artificial Intelligence (Al), Internet of things (loT) etc.
Do you know?
- COAI was constituted in 1995 as a registered, non-governmental society.
- Vision: To establish India as the global leader of mobile communications infrastructure, products and services and achieving a national tele density of 100%, including broadband.