Indian Naval Ship Airavat enters Port Sudan under Mission Sagar – II
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – International Relations
- As part of ‘Mission Sagar-II’, Indian Naval Ship Airavat recently entered Port Sudan.
- The Government of India is providing assistance to Friendly Foreign Countries to overcome natural calamities and COVID-19 pandemic.
- INS Airavat is carrying a consignment of 100 Tonnes of food aid for the people of Sudan for the same purpose.
- Mission Sagar-II follows the first ‘Mission Sagar’ undertaken in May-June 2020, wherein India reached out to Maldives, Mauritius, Seychelles, Madagascar and Comoros, and provided food aid and medicines.
- As part of Mission Sagar-II, Indian Naval Ship Airavat will deliver food aid to Sudan, South Sudan, Djibouti and Eritrea.