Lakhs of people benefit through Tele-Law
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Governance
- Tele-Law was in the news recently.
- Almost 4 Lakh beneficiaries having received legal advice under this through CSCs (Common Service Centres).
Important value additions
- It was launched by Department of Justice in 2017 to address cases at pre–litigation stage.
- Under this programme, smart technology of video conferencing, telephone /instant calling facilities available at the vast network of Common Service Centres at the Panchayat level are used to connect the vulnerable communities with the Panel Lawyers for seeking timely and valuable legal advice.
- It is proactively outreached to groups and communities through a cadre of frontline volunteers provided by NALSA and CSC- e Gov.