National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC)
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Disaster Management
- Recently, National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) was in news with regard to Cyclone Nivar.
Important value additions
- At the national level, Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) and National Crisis Management Committee (NCMC) are the key committees involved in the top-level decision-making wrt Disaster Management (DM).
- It deals with major crisis which have serious or national ramifications.
- Key functions: (1) Oversee the Command, Control and Coordination of the disaster response; (2) Give direction to the Crisis Management Group (CMG) as deemed necessary.
- Composition: Cabinet Secretary (Chairperson); Secretaries of Ministries / Departments and agencies with specific Disaster management responsibilities.