Operation Greens – Top To Total Scheme
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Economy
- Under Operation Greens Scheme TOP to TOTAL, 50% transportation subsidy is now made available for air transportation for 41 notified fruits and vegetables from North-Eastern and Himalayan States to any place in India.
- Airlines will provide the transport subsidy directly to the supplier by way of charging only 50% of the actual contracted freight charges and will claim the balance 50% from MoFPI as subsidy.
- The scheme was approved and the amended Scheme Guidelines were notified in November 2020.
- All consignment of notified fruits and vegetables irrespective of quantity and price would be eligible for 50% freight subsidy.
- Eligible airports: All the airports in Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim (Bagdogra), and Tripura from North-East, and Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and Union Territories of Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh among the Hilly States.
Do you know?
- The transportation subsidy was earlier extended under Operation Greens Scheme for Kisan Rail Scheme in December.
- Railways charge only 50% of freight charges on the notified fruits and vegetables.