UMANG app’s international version launched
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-II – Policies and interventions; E-governance
- UMANG’s international version was recently launched to mark the occasion of its 3 years.
- It is launched in select countries that include USA, UK, Canada, Australia, UAE, Netherlands, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand.
- Primary Ministry: Ministry of IT
- Version launched in coordination with: Ministry of External Affairs
- It will help Indian international students, NRIs and Indian tourists abroad, to avail Government of India services, anytime.
- It will also help in taking India to the world through ‘Indian Culture’ services available on UMANG and create interest amongst foreign tourists to visit India.
Important value additions
- The UMANG mobile app (Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance) is a Government of India all-in-one single multi-lingual, multi-service Mobile App.
- It provides access to high impact services of various Government of India Departments and State Governments.
- Aim: To fast-track mobile governance in India.
- Developed by: National e-Governance Division (NeGD), Ministry of Electronics & IT.
- UMANG enables ‘Ease of Living’ for Citizens by providing easy access to a number of Indian government services such as Healthcare, Finance, Education, Housing, Energy, etc.
- Key partners of UMANG: Employee Provident Fund Organization, Direct Benefit Transfer scheme departments, Employee State Insurance Corporation, Ministries of Health, Education, Agriculture, Animal Husbandry and Staff Selection Commission (SSC).
- It is a ‘Digital India’ initiative.
- UMANG attained ‘Best m-Government service’ award at the 6th World Government Summit held at Dubai, UAE in February 2018.