Cabinet Committee on Security approves the setting up of a new National Security Directive
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure
- Recently, the Cabinet Committee on Security has approved the setting up of a new National Security Directive on the telecommunication sector.
- It aims to classify telecom products and their sources under the ‘trusted’ and ‘non-trusted’ categories.
- It will make its decision based on approval of the National Security Committee on Telecom.
- It will be headed by the deputy National Security Advisor (NSA).
- It will have members from other departments and ministries, independent experts and two members from the industry.
- The National Cyber Security Coordinator is the designated authority and will devise the methodology to designate trusted products.