Foundation stone for highway projects in Assam inaugurated
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure
- Union Minister for Road Transport, Highways and MSMEs recently inaugurated and laid foundation stone for 27 highway projects in Assam.
- Benefits: (1) Ease the transportation of commercial goods within and across the State; (2) Improve connectivity at the borders; (3) Enhance employment opportunities; (4) Save time and fuel; (5) Improve tourism and infra development; (6) Result in providing connectivity for agricultural produce up to larger markets.
- A life-size bronze statue of former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee was also unveiled.
- Construction of a multi modal logistic park (MMLP) in Silchar was also announced.
- This will be the second MMLP in Assam after the one being made in Jogighopa.
- This will benefit the people by way of development of Road and waterways connectivity.
- Construction of Dhuvri-Phoolbari bridge in the coming month was also announced .