Handicraft And Gi Toys Exempted From Quality Control Order
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Economy
- Government has exempted handicraft and GI Toys from Quality Control Order.
- Taking steps towards the Prime Minister’s vision of making India a global manufacturing hub for sale and export of toys, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade, DPIIT has devised a comprehensive action plan.
- Quality Control order has been issued by the Department for standardization and quality adherence of Toys which will become effective from 1st January next year.
- However, DPIIT has released Toys (Quality Control) Second Amendment Order, 2020.
- It exempts goods manufactured and sold by artisans registered with Development Commissioner (Handicrafts), from use of Standard Mark under licence from Bureau of Indian Standards.
- The Amendment Order also exempts products registered as Geographical Indications from following Indian Toy Standards and compulsory use of Standard Mark licence.