New Bhaupur-New Khurja Section of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor
Part of: GS Prelims and GS-III – Infrastructure
- Indian Prime Minister dedicated to the nation the ambitious New Bhaupur-New Khurja section of Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor (EDFC) in Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- The 351-kilometre New Bhaupur- New Khurja section of EDFC is built at a cost of Rs. 5,750 crore and most of its part passes through UP.
- The section will decongest the existing Kanpur-Delhi main line and will enable Indian Railways to run faster trains.
- The agro products of UP will now reach at a faster speed to other parts of the country .
- It will increase the export capacity of the state which is a landlocked area and doesn’t have any port to send the items abroad.
Do you know?
- The Prime Minister also inaugurated Eastern Dedicated Freight Corridor’s Operation Control Centre at Prayagraj,UP.
- This will act as the command centre for the entire route length of the EDFC.
- The Operation Control Centre is equipped with state of the art facilities which are indigenously designed.